Mon - Fri 8:30am-5:00pm604-638-3302 604-608-5482 Contact us for a free consultation

Alberta Car Accident Lawyers Call us for a Free Consultation Aiming to get you the
Highest Settlement Possible from
the Insurance Company
Protecting your Rights
and helping you recover
from your Injuries
Get your Life Back
You pay us Nothing unless we
Recover Money for You
No Win, No Fee

Alberta Car Accident Injury Lawyers

Personal Injury

If you were injured in a car accident caused by another person’s negligence, you need the assistance of Alberta personal injury lawyer Ronald Kumar. Call us for free advice. No win, no fee. You pay us nothing unless we win for you. Contingency fee arrangement available. We are flexible and will cater to your convenience. We offer in person meetings at our Edmonton office, virtual meetings, or phone meetings.

Although there is a minor injury cap in Alberta, we have been successful in getting many car accident injury cases out of the $5,817.00 cap (2023) and securing fair compensation for our clients.


  • Contact us for a free consultation to discuss your situation;
  • We recommend that you contact us before your contact the insurance company so you know your rights;
  • If you choose to retain us, we will gather all of the evidence that we need in order to start your injury claim;
  • You have 2 years from the date of the accident to either settle your case, or file a law suit in court for your injuries/damages;
  • If your vehicle is repairable, get it repaired;
  • See a medical professional (doctor) to discuss your injuries, and start getting treatment (i.e. physiotherapy, chiropractor, registered massage therapy, active rehab etc);
  • If you need to take time off from work, discuss this with your doctor;
  • Keep track of any out of pocket expenses that you are incurring due to the accident;
  • Keep a log of the progress of your injuries.

MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS (Car, Truck, Motorcycle, Moped, Scooter)

If you have been injured in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident, we will work diligently on your behalf to ensure that the Insurance Company pays for the necessary medical treatment you require both in the short term and long term. We will also advocate on your behalf to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.

Our team will meet with you to discuss the details of your claim and your legal options. You will be working one on one with a lawyer who will help you through your case and will guide you on what you need to do. Our team has successfully advanced car, truck, and motorcycle accident cases in the past and has obtained remarkable results for our clients.

If you want to learn more about personal injury lawsuits after a motor vehicle accident, call us today.


Were you struck as a pedestrian by a driver of a motor vehicle?

Injuries from pedestrian accidents can involve serious physical and emotional trauma. Pedestrian accidents generally occur when a driver of a motor vehicle collides into a pedestrian. In order to ensure that you are protected and know your rights you should contact us immediately. We can guide you through your recovery process by helping you receive quality medical care and treatment after your injury. We will also work with you to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.

If you want to learn more about personal injury lawsuits after a pedestrian accident, call us today.


With the increasing number of cyclists sharing the road with motorists we are seeing a growing number of bicycle accidents in Alberta. If you are a cyclist who has been injured by the careless/dangerous act of a driver, you may have a legal claim for the damages you have suffered, including pain and suffering, medical costs, loss of past and future income, and future medical care.

Ronald Kumar has experience in dealing with traffic-related injury law and we have successfully litigated many bicycle-crash cases.

If you want to learn more about personal injury lawsuits after a bicycle accident, call us today.


We represent clients who have suffered all types of injuries including:

  • Neck and Back injuries
  • Whiplash/Soft Tissue injuries
  • Strains
  • Bursitis or tendonitis
  • Contusions/bruises
  • Dislocations
  • Nerve damage
  • Thoracic outlet injury
  • Orthopaedic Injury
  • Fibromyalgia
  • Temporomandibular Joint Injury (TMJ)
  • Knee injuries
  • Shoulder injuries
  • Degenerative conditions
  • Chronic pain
  • Fractures/broken bones
  • Aggravation of pre-existing conditions
  • Brain Injury
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Headaches/migraines
  • Concussion
  • Tension/Anxiety/Stress/PTSD


As of January 1, 2023, the maximum minor injury payout amount is $5,817.00. This amount is applicable to minor injuries resulting from car accidents that occur in Alberta on or after January 1, 2023.

A minor injury is a soft tissue injury, i.e. damage to tissue, ligaments, muscles, or tendons that does not cause problems with work, leisure, or other regular activities. Questions about the Minor Injury Cap and how it affects you? Contact us if you would like a free consultation to get answers about your specific situation.


Not all soft tissue injuries are capped. The key issue is whether the injuries end up resulting in a “serious impairment” where you can no longer perform the essential tasks of your employment, or of an education or training program, or other activities of daily living, and the issue has been ongoing since the accident, and is not expected to “improve substantially.”

Whether an injury is considered “minor” and caught by the cap depends on the evidence related to your injury. We most often see that injuries that initially appear to be minor often turn out to cause you more long term issues.

Contact us to discuss your car accident injury case and we can provide you with our opinion regarding whether or not your case might be capped, or not.


The minor injury cap does not limit your ability to claim for other damages such as past income loss/wage loss, future income loss/future wage loss, cost of care/cost of treatments, or out of pocket expenses.

Contact us to learn more.


The following injuries are not covered by the cap:

  • Fractures or broken bones
  • Concussions and traumatic brain injuries
  • Chronic pain
  • Fibromyalgia
  • In relation to accidents after June 1, 2018 ONLY, TMJ dysfunction that involves damage to the bone or teeth, or damage to or displacement of the disc · Spinal cord injuries
  • Psychological injuries (Unless they arise from the sprain, strain or whiplash injury and resolve when the physical injury resolves, in relation to accidents after June 1, 2018 ONLY)
  • PTSD



You may be entitled to compensation for the following:

  • General damages – the purpose of this award is to compensate you for your pain and suffering based on your type of injury, the impact that the injury has had / is expected to have on your quality of life.
  • Past income loss / Past loss of opportunity – the purpose of this award is to compensate you for loss of income when your injuries stop you from working after the accident, or have stopped you from pursuing income or business related opportunities.
  • Future loss of income / Loss of earning capacity – if your injuries are likely to result in a permanent or ongoing disability, and there is a “real or substantial possibility” that you will suffer a loss of income earning capacity in the future as a result of your injuries, there may be the legal basis for an award for future income loss.
  • Cost of future care – if there is likely to be a future (permanent or ongoing) disability or care need, and there is medical justification that treatment or rehabilitation will be required in the future as a result of those injuries, an award may be made for the cost of the future care.
  • Special damages – this award is intended to reimburse you for reasonable “out of pocket” expenses incurred as a result of your injuries (i.e.: money spent on non-prescription medication, equipment, mileage and parking incurred in relation to treatment, etc.).
  • In trust claims – are intended to recognise that friends and family members also make sacrifices and contributions to assisting injured parties in coping with their accident-related injuries. In trust claims are intended to recognise the economic value of such contributions.


Do I have to report the collision to the police?

You are required to report the collision to the police if anyone is injured or killed, or if the damage to any of the vehicles or property appears to be more than $2000.00.

We recommend that you report the accident to the police if a vehicle is not driveable, if there is damage to public property, the other driver doesn’t have any ID/license, if you see signs of impairment.

We recommend that you report the accident to the police/call the police at the scene of the accident.

What information should I collect after the accident?

  • Take photos of your vehicle and the other party’s vehicle;
  • Note down the other vehicle’s license plate number, make and model of vehicle;
  • Note down the intersection where the accident occurred, and the time (the location);
  • If there is a witness available, get their information;
  • Get their driver’s license information/or take a picture of their driver’s license;
  • Get the other party’s name, address, phone number and contact details;
  • Get the other party’s insurance information (name of insurance company, policy number, name of policy holder).

Are all soft tissue injuries considered a minor injury?

No, not all soft tissue injuries are considered a minor injury. Soft tissue injuries often tend to develop and get worse over time, and if these soft tissue injuries do not heal, or turn out to be chronic, resulting in a serious impairment, and isn’t expected to improve, your case will likely get out of the minor injury cap.

We have been successful in advocating for our client’s to get their cases out of the minor injury cap. Contact us to learn more.

Should I see a doctor after the accident?

Yes, you should see a doctor if you are injured to report your injuries and discuss options for recovery. If you need to take time off from work, this should be discussed with your doctor as well. Be detailed and report all injuries as well as any issues that you are having following the car accident.

Is it worth hiring a lawyer? Or should I deal with the claim on my own?

You might be able to deal with your case on your own. But you must understand that you will be at a serious disadvantage as the insurance company’s adjuster that you will be dealing with is trained and experienced in dealing with these claims, you are not. The insurance company’s goal is to pay out the least amount of money as possible. You essentially can wreck your case by dealing one-on-one with the insurance company.

We recommend that you get legal advice at the very least, so you know your rights.

Will I have to go to court?

Most car accident injury cases in Alberta settle out of court. The chances of you going to court are slim. But if for some reason the settlement offer is not fair, our legal team is experienced and equipped to go to trial to try and secure the best results for our clients.


We are a plaintiff only firm, meaning we only represent the injured party and not the insurance company. Our clients retain us through a contingency fee agreement. This means you will not pay any legal fees to us unless we recover money for you. You will not pay us anything out of your own pocket. We get paid a percentage out of the money we recover for you.

We offer a competitive contingency fee rate that is lower than most law firms in Alberta.

Contact us to learn more.

Want to Chat?

Feel free to call us or email us.

Call Ronald
Email Ronald

Get in Touch